Makes: 8 mini cakes to serve 2 for lunch/snack
You will need: mini chopper/food processor
Small tin sweetcorn (198g)
2 tablespoons plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
1/2 spring onion roughly chopped
1 small orange pepper roughly chopped
small pinch chilli flakes
dash worcester sauce
salt and pepper to taste
- Put the chopped spring onion, 3/4 of the sweetcorn and 1/2 the pepper into a mini chopper/food processor and whizz for a few seconds.
- Add the flour, baking powder, chilli and worcester sauce and whizz again.
- Add the egg and whizz until combined.
- Stir in the remaining sweetcorn and pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan or wok and drop in tablespoons of the mixture.
- Fry for a couple of minutes on each side until nicely golden brown.