November 18, 2008

Mac 'n' cheese, chilli bake with butternut squash

Pasta bake

MUNCH RATING: 4/5

I had some leftover chili that Steve had cooked and some roasted butternut squash in the fridge and this is something I threw together. I wasn't going to blog it but Steve insisted it was so nice that I should write about it, so I've done my best to remember the quantities, but really it is a dish you can play around with. The roasted butternut squash on the top is really the concept we want to share as it's a surprisingly good addition because it adds so much natural sweetness.
Credit goes to Steve for the photo - I was too busy eating!

  • Serves: 2 generously
  • You will need: small but deep baking dish (I used a 9 x 5 x 3 inch silicone loaf pan)
Ingredients:
  • 225g/8oz macaroni
  • About 1 cup leftover chilli
  • About 3/4 pint cheese sauce
  • About 1 cup of roasted butternut squash
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/425°F/220°C.
  2. Cook macaroni until just al dente then drain well.
  3. Mix half of the cooked macaroni with the chilli and spoon into a baking dish.
  4. Mix the other half of the macaroni with the cheese sauce and spoon on top of the meaty pasta.
  5. Scatter the roasted butternut squash over the top.
  6. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin