MUNCH RATING: 4/5
I had some leftover chili that Steve had cooked and some roasted butternut squash in the fridge and this is something I threw together. I wasn't going to blog it but Steve insisted it was so nice that I should write about it, so I've done my best to remember the quantities, but really it is a dish you can play around with. The roasted butternut squash on the top is really the concept we want to share as it's a surprisingly good addition because it adds so much natural sweetness.
Credit goes to Steve for the photo - I was too busy eating!
- Serves: 2 generously
- You will need: small but deep baking dish (I used a 9 x 5 x 3 inch silicone loaf pan)
- 225g/8oz macaroni
- About 1 cup leftover chilli
- About 3/4 pint cheese sauce
- About 1 cup of roasted butternut squash
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/425°F/220°C.
- Cook macaroni until just al dente then drain well.
- Mix half of the cooked macaroni with the chilli and spoon into a baking dish.
- Mix the other half of the macaroni with the cheese sauce and spoon on top of the meaty pasta.
- Scatter the roasted butternut squash over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden.