MUNCH RATING: 4/5
This is one of those speedy suppers that doesn’t require any effort! The result is a really comforting dish of sweet leeks and peas, meaty bacon, pasta and a creamy cheese sauce – yum!
You will need: a large frying pan, a large saucepan
- 3-6 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, finely sliced into rings
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 140g frozen peas
- 300g pasta shapes
- 200g tub of soft cream cheese (I used Tesco Value, only 45p!)
- 85g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon mustard (I used Dijon)
- black pepper
- Boil the pasta in plenty of salted, boiling water.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in the oil until it is crispy and then add the leeks and gently fry for 10 minutes until they are soft.
- Add the peas and gently fry until they’re heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Reserve 150ml of the cooking water when you drain the pasta. Add this water, the cream cheese, half of the grated cheese and the mustard to the leeks and bacon. Stir until the cheese melts into a creamy sauce. Then stir in the pasta. Scatter the other half of the cheese over the top.
- Heat the grill to high, then grill your pasta bake for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.