MUNCH RATING: 5/5
This is a hybrid of three different recipes as I didn’t have enough ground almonds to make the original recipe I wanted to make. So I had to be creative and I’m pleased to say it was a great success!
I made the sweet pastry from scratch using Rachel Allen’s recipe (click here for a link) and for my first time making pastry I’m really pleased that it came out lovely and crisp. It was really easy to make in the food processor.
- Oven temperature: Gas mark 5/375°F/190°C
- Oven shelf: middle
- You will need: an 8-inch tart tin
Ingredients:
FOR THE PASTRY
- You will need 1 portion of Rachel Allen’s sweet pastry, or roughly 250 g of shop bought sweet pastry, baked blind.
FOR THE FILLING
- 225 g (8 oz) blueberries, washed
- 50 g (1.75 oz) caster sugar
- 1 large ripe pear, cut into thin slices (I used Comice)
- 25 g (1 oz) ground almonds
- 50 g (1.75 oz) self-raising flour
- 25 g (1 oz) caster sugar
- 50 g (1.75 oz) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions:
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5/375°F/190°C.
- Mix the blueberries with the sugar and set to one side.
- Place all the crumble ingredients into a food processor and whizz up until you have a soft crumble.
- Spread the blueberries out onto the cooked pastry base, then arrange the slices of pear on top.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown.
0 comments:
Post a Comment