MUNCH RATING: 5/5
I love the flavour and the great meaty texture that chorizo gives to a dish and the sweetness of the butternut squash gives an excellent balance.
This is by no means a healthy dish with the chorizo, 2 types of cheese and cream, but I have added lots of vegetables and this isn’t a dish I would eat all the time so I think it’s OK!
It’s an easy one-pot meal, but if you don’t have an oven-proof pan then just cook it in a normal pan and then transfer to an oven-proof dish.
- Serves 4 (or 2 greedy people!)
- You will need: oven-proof pan and a large saucepan
- Oven temperature: Gas mark 5/375°F/190°C
- 3-4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ chorizo sausage (I used Revilla Chorizo Pueblo from Sainsburys)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Handful of mushrooms, sliced
- Some leftover cooked peas and sweetcorn
- 1-2 tablespoons double cream
- 2x 150g packs mozzarella (I used Sainsburys Italian mozzarella)
- 1x 400g pack of dried gnocchi, cut into chunks (I used Italfresco Gnocchi from Sainsburys)
- Handful of mature cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- Heat a tablespoon of oil and gently sweat the shallots until softened and slightly brown.
- Add the chorizo and fry until nice and crispy.
- Add the dried oregano.
- Add the butternut squash and fry for about 10-15 minutes until soft and tender (adding a tablespoon of water and covering with a lid will speed things along).
- Add the mushrooms and any other veggies to the pan.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi for a few minutes or until they rise to the surface of the water. Drain and reserve some of the cooking liquid.
- Add the gnocchi to the pan, with the double cream and the mozzarella and mix thoroughly. Add a couple of tablespoons of the cooking liquid so you get a nice sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top, then put the pan in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is starting to brown.
0 comments:
Post a Comment