MUNCH RATING: 5/5
This soup has a lovely creamy texture, but without the cream so it’s good for you! I have a real aversion to coriander leaf, but strangely I don't mind coriander seeds which does add a nice flavour and compliments the carrots. You could use ground coriander, but I like the lemony fragrance of the seeds and it’s fun to smash them to smithereens!
This made enough for about 5-6 servings.
Ingredients:
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1 Tablespoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 rashers of lean bacon, cut into pieces
- 454g (1lb) carrots, sliced
- 25g (1oz) long grain rice
- 1.2 litres (2 pints) vegetable stock (I just used Knorr Stock pots)
- salt and pepper
Directions:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion, bacon and coriander seeds and cook over a gentle heat until the onions are soft - do not allow them to brown and if necessary half cover the pot with a lid. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, rice, stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Liquidise the soup until smooth, return to the saucepan and reheat if necessary.
- Dry fry the coriander seeds to intensify their flavour and make them easier to grind.
0 comments:
Post a Comment