PLANT: ‘Rosmarinus officinalis’
A hardy evergreen shrub, the leaves are traditionally used to compliment rich meat dishes, in stuffings and many Mediterranean dishes. Develops small flowers in late spring. Rosemary is a perennial and can be grown all year round. Plants will live for up to 20 years and grows to a height of around 1m.
Apparently it is easier to propagate rosemary than to grow it from seed, but I thought I’d give it a try anyway since the rosemary plant I bought last year isn’t really established enough to take any cuttings from.
| Sow under cover: | February-May | 26th Feb |
| Germination time: | 21–35 days | 12st Mar |
| Plant out: | April | |
| Harvest: | ||
| Time from seed to plate: |
| SOW:
|
| GROW:
|
| CARE: |
| HARVEST: |
March 21st:
APRIL 15TH:
My one lonely rosemary seedling is making very slow progress. It now has 4 leaves but it’s not grown any taller. As it’s going to be a while before I’ll be able to use it, I’m going to look into propagating a cutting from my existing rosemary plant which isn’t growing either!
0 comments:
Post a Comment