I have to admit I didn't take a photo because I was too focused on eating! But I will definitely be making this again so I'll take a photo next time before I wolf it down!
Serves 2
Ingredients:
- Pasta for 2 people (I used Bucatini which is my favourite)
- 2 rashers of Bacon, cut into small strips
- 2 Chicken Thighs, cut into small strips
- 1 medium Leek, washed and cut into rings
- A few Mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 300ml Stock (I used Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder)
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain or French Mustard
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Creme Fraiche or low-fat cream cheese
Directions:
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions whilst you make the sauce.
- Fry the bacon in a little olive oil until brown and crispy. Add the chicken and fry until brown as well. Remove meat from the pan and put in a bowl, but retain the oils and juices in the pan.
- Fry the mushrooms and leeks for about 5 minutes until softened, then add the garlic.
- Return the meat to the pan, then stir in the flour.
- Add the stock, mustard and cayenne and simmer until the stock has reduced by half.
- Add the creme fraiche or cream cheese and simmer until dissolved and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Drain the cooked pasta and reserve a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss until fully coated in the sauce. Add some of the cooking water if necessary to help bind and thicken the sauce.
0 comments:
Post a Comment