MUNCH RATING: 4/5
I bought a couple of Non Stick 12 Cup Mini Muffin Pans from Amazon as they were only £4.89 each and I just couldn’t resist how cute the cupcakes would look!
The pans are really well made and although the non stick coating is good, I prefer to use paper cases rather than cooking directly in the tin. I bought 700 mini cases off Ebay for only £2.45 plus £1.99 postage, which is incredible value! The cases looked a little small when I put them in the tin, as the tin has a base diameter of 3.5cm and the cases have a base diameter of 2.5cm. But once I’d filled them with cake mixture they came out fine.
I made these for my brother’s birthday recently and he liked them! I love the mini cakes as you can just pop a whole one in your mouth! They took 10 minutes to cook at Gas mark 4/350°F/180°C.
The recipe for the cake is the Dark Chocolate Cupcakes one that uses sour cream. So I thought I’d try a different frosting that also uses sour cream, which makes a very smooth frosting with a slight tang to offset the sweetness of the cakes.
Frosting Ingredients:
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 142ml (small pot) sour cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons light muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Frosting Directions:
- Gently melt the chocolate, sour cream and sugar in a small saucepan, stirring until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth icing.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Chill in the fridge until firm until to swirl or pipe onto your cakes.
0 comments:
Post a Comment