MUNCH RATING: 3/5
This is a recipe I got off the back of a bag of flour and they're pretty good cookies, especially straight out of the oven when they're soft and chewy and the chocolate is all melted and gooey!
- Makes: about 18 cookies
- You will need: Baking/cookie sheet, greased
- Oven temperature: Gas Mark 5/375°F/190°C
- 1/4 cup butter, softened*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (6oz) semisweet chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5/375°F/190°C.
- Cream butter and both sugars.
- Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift/mix together flour, salt and baking soda. Stir into creamed mixture and blend well.
- Add the chocolate pieces and stir in by hand.
- Drop teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes and remove from the sheet immediately so they stay soft.
At step 5 you can also add to the mixture:
- 1 cup of peanuts
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (a little experiment and although the taste is a bit weird at first, they're still pretty yummy!)