March 25, 2009

Tefal 4-in-1 Rice Cooking

I wrote to Tefal because I was sure that there was a mistake in the instruction booklet that came with the cooker.
Under the Rice Cooking section there are two tables to show cooking times for different types of rice. I was really confused by the two different columns (highlighted in red) as the cooking times for 10 cups is less than the cooking times for 5 cups.

Tefal small


So I sent these tables to Tefal and they kept saying:
 
“There are two different tables for cooking times for different types of rice: the first table is for easy cook or white rices that have the outer husk polished off and are more processed; the second table is for rices that have more of the natural outer husk, are less processed and will require longer cooking times”.

Unfortunately they didn’t understand the point I was trying to make about the highlighted columns, but they sent me a photocopy of the instructions for the cooker and they were different to what came with my cooker. These new instructions don’t have the two different columns for 10 and 5 cups, so obviously this was a printing error in my copy! So you should just use the cooking times in the column on the left (and totally ignore the ‘for 10 cups’ part of the column heading).

The good thing about the Rice Cooking function of the Tefal 4-in-1 is it works out the cooking time depending on the amount of rice and water you put in it. However, it’s nice to know how long it takes and when it will be ready, as it doesn’t tell you on the machine, so these tables for cooking times are useful.
If you received the wrong instructions too then hopefully this clarifies them for you!

2 comments:

Time for Lunch said...

I realise this is a very old post but I am so glad you made it, I have just been confused by this very problem in my instruction booklet (which I think I got about a year ago - so they're clearly still printing them wrongly!) and now I understand! Thank you :)

Mandy said...

Glad to hear this has helped someone else! x

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin